The list (see below for full list) ran alongside a guest post by Karen Purcell about the lack of women in tech being a function of the lack of woman leaders in tech (see Want more women in tech? Get more women leaders in tech). The lack of women in scientific leadership is something Elizabeth feels strongly about and has addressed in a recent blog post.
It is great to see Elizabeth’s contribution as a “science entrepreneur” being acknowledged in this way.
The full list of “Women Tech Leaders VentureBeat Loves“:
- Wendy Lea, CEO, Get Satisfaction
- Julia Hu, funder, Lark
- Amy Banse, VC, Comcast Ventures
- Shaherose Charania, CEO, Women 2.0
- Elizabeth Iorns, founder, Science Exchange (Y Combinator, 2011)
- Leah Busque, founder, TaskRabbit
- Sandy Jen, CTO, Meebo
- Penny Herscher, CEO, FirstRain
- Natalia Oberti Noguera, founder, Pipeline Fellowship
- Lisa Kavanaugh, CTO, Ask.com
- The five amazing women on Forbes’ tech Midas List