After you’ve accepted a quote from a service provider, please post a message to the order page to obtain sample preparation and shipment instructions to ensure that your samples will arrive in good condition. There are two recommended shipping methods:
1. You can send your samples per your institution’s shipping guidelines or by using your own shipping account.
2. If you are based in the United States you can also create a shipping label with FedEx or UPS through Science Exchange. To take advantage of our shipping feature please follow the steps below:
- Click on the green ‘Create Shipping Labels’ button in the top-right corner of the order page. This button appears after you’ve accepted a quote.
- Enter your pick-up address and package information (weight, dimensions). Please note that the service provider’s shipping address will automatically populate for you if the information is available.
- Choose your shipping option with FedEx.
- Agree to the Terms of Service, then click ‘Next.’
- Review your information, then print out a shipping label. You may void your shipment here if necessary.
- Affix the label to your package and drop it off at a FedEx pick up location, or schedule a pickup. Once your package is picked up, its status will be tracked on the Science Exchange order page Timeline.
- Shipping fees will be added to your final invoice from Science Exchange.
Currently, our optional shipping feature is only available to U.S. researchers. For international shipments, please follow your institution’s standard international shipping processes.