For your convenience, our shipping feature is integrated with the FedEx system* and allows you to create a shipping label through Science Exchange. Once your package is picked up by FedEx, its status will tracked on both yours and the service provider’s order page Timeline. Shipping fees will be added to your final invoice from Science Exchange.
Currently, our optional shipping feature is only available to U.S. researchers. For international shipments, please follow your institution’s standard international shipping processes.
Once you accept a quote:
1. Click on the green ‘Create Shipping Labels’ button in the top-right corner of the order page. This button appears after you’ve accepted a quote.
2. Enter your pick-up address and package information (weight, dimensions). Please note that the service provider’s shipping address will automatically populate for you if the information is available.
3. Choose your shipping option with FedEx.
3. Agree to the Terms of Service, then click ‘Next’.
4. Review your information, then print out a shipping label. You may void your shipment here if necessary.
5. Affix the label the your package and drop it off at a FedEx pick up location, or schedule a pickup. Once your package is picked up by FedEx, its status will tracked on the Science Exchange order page Timeline. Shipping fees will be added to your final invoice from Science Exchange.
Watch for the shipping status on your order page Timeline once your package is picked up.
Use of the shipping feature is not required. If you choose to follow in-house shipping protocols, please notify the service provider of the tracking number.
*All shipping questions should be directed to FedEx.