You are able to add upfront payments and milestones during the quoting phase of a request. This functionality allows, you, as a provider to fulfill and bill throughout the duration of a project, rather than entirely upon completion.
Prior to accepting an order, Requesters may need to check with their organizations or negotiate payment schedules due to upfront payments and milestones policies.
To add upfront payments and milestones to a quote:
2. Select ‘Add Upfront Payment’ or ‘Add Milestone’
3. If applicable, indicate the portions of the payment that will be applied to Shipping and Tax. Add an expected duration and description of the of the milestone.
4. Select ‘Add Another Milestone’
5. Repeat steps 1-5 until the entire project value has been allocated
6. Select ‘Review’
7. Select ‘Send Quote’
Throughout the lifecycle of an order, changes occur. Instructions below detail how to reflect those changes.
Occasionally upfront payments and deposits are necessary in order to cover costs.
If you have specified an upfront payment in your custom payment schedule, Science Exchange will invoice the requesting organization immediately. Science Exchange will remit the payment to you as soon as the upfront payment is received from the requesting organization. **Please note: if payment is required to start work, please communicate this to the requester for expedited payment or this may delay your ability to start work.**
You are able to add upfront payments and milestones during the quoting phase of a request. This functionality allows you, as a provider, to fulfill and bill throughout the duration of a project, rather than entirely upon completion.
Checklist for timely invoice payment:
2. Payment will be issued in accordance with the Payment Schedule.