Are you a Science Exchange provider of nonclinical R&D services?
You now have the opportunity to receive accreditation on Science Exchange for implementing the Enhancing Quality in Preclinical Data (EQIPD) Quality System.
Science Exchange has partnered with the EQIPD consortium to launch a novel quality system for drug discovery and development research.
Supported by the Innovative Medicines Initiative, EQIPD is the first quality system that can be applied to preclinical research in both industry and academia. It puts forward 18 core requirements in categories such as research processes and data integrity.
Unlike current regulatory frameworks for nonclinical research, such as GLP, the EQIPD system addresses key barriers to reproducibility (such as variations in study design, reporting, and data analysis) while still giving scientists the flexibility they need to innovate.
Contract research organizations, academic labs, and other facilities conducting nonclinical research can play a role in speeding up drug discovery and development by formally implementing the EQIPD Quality System.
The EQIPD Quality System is publicly accessible and currently open to beta testers. Learn more about the consortium at https://quality-preclinical-data.eu/.
How to gain EQIPD accreditation:
- Complete the EQIPD self-assessment via the Science Exchange Evident™ Compliance Assessment Tool to show that your organization meets the core requirements.
- If you do not meet the core requirements, consult EQIPD guided implementation — visit the EQIPD Implementation Strategy page for more information.
- Once you have completed the EQIPD Self Assessment on Science Exchange, if you wish to seek the “EQIPD Quality Label” you may download the completed assessment and email it to the EQIPD consortium stating you wish to self-initiate a review. (Please note, there may be small fees associated with the review process.)
- The EQIPD consortium will review your results, and provide recommendations for improvement (if applicable).
- The EQIPD consortium will then issue a final certification once you have met all expectations.
- Once you’ve received your EQIPD Certification, send it to us at [email protected], and we will add it to your provider profile.