Refer to this article if the Enterprise Administrator for your organization’s Science Exchange marketplace has assigned you to a workspace. Your organization is using Science Exchange’s Workspace solution to easily segment groups of users into smaller, manageable, functions.
Jump to section:
2. This will open a pane showing the workspace(s) to which you have access.
a. If you see a “Settings” icon next to the name of the workspace(s) in this pane (red box in screenshot below), then you are a Workspace Manager. You can:
1) Click this Settings icon to edit the workspace settings.
2) Click the name of the workspace to view the Requests and Orders associated with the workspace. Read about other actions you can take as a Workspace Manager.
2. If you see only the name of the workspace, then your role is “Workspace Member.” You can click the name of the workspace to view your Requests and Orders associated with the workspace. Read about other actions you can take as a Workspace Member.
2. Click the “Requests & Orders” tab of the workspace to view all open requests and orders associated with the workspace (see screenshot below). The projects will have various owners, but as Workspace Manager, you may take action as needed on any of these requests or orders. For example, you may:
a. Send a request to additional providers
b. Accept a quote and place an order
c. Communicate with Providers on an order timeline
d. Support the requester who owns the order by obtaining a PO through your organization’s processes
2. You can click the “+” sign or perform a search to start a new request for quotes, and this request will automatically be associated with the workspace in which it was created.
3. If you start a request outside of a workspace (for example, from your general Science Exchange dashboard), you will have the option to assign the request to a particular workspace by selecting it from a drop-down menu on the ‘Start a Request’ form.